Hope you enjoyed that reward pizza, RK! biggrin I'll probably not be eating pizza until NYC, but then I prefer a Chicago-style thick crust anyway, so it might not be such a big deal (although I'm sure I can find that somewhere in Manhattan).

cichlidfan, we keep our two dogs and cat (all rescues) at their proper weights as well, our male Jack by necessity as we got him with liver damage (10 years with us [11 years old] and still kicking). Also, fitness/proper weight is the rule of the house, the animals are not exempt. smile I remember when we got Ralphie (our male Jack), he'd bug the crap out of me to get my big butt off the sofa and take him for a walk (our yard in Jax, FL wasn't fenced). Then we got Suzie right after, so now I had two dogs constantly bugging me for walks (pics below).

++++++++++

As of tonight I think we have our updated evening routine pretty well down pat:

Sat. Mon. Wed. -> Weights
Sun. Tue. Thu. -> Yoga
Fri. -> Free

...and cardio (treadmill or track) whenever we can squeeze it in, trying for twice on weekdays and once on the weekend. It amounts to about 45 min./day or 1.5 hours/day when we also do cardio (not counting any driving if we go to a track, usually running errands along the way).

My biggest sacrifice right now is not drinking any of my calories (including booze, with rare and very moderate exceptions), meaning that I'm laying off the OJ and milk in the morning, only coffee and drinking it plain black. The coffee is tough, but I'm getting used to it and finding some coffees taste better than others without any fixin's.

Attached Files Mark_Ralphie.jpgMark_Ralphie_Suzie.jpg

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run