Been training for the Cambridge Half Marathon (took place the Sunday just gone), had originally given myself 8 weeks to train as my objective was to PB but really didn't give myself any leeway for injuries (old age catching up) or vicious man flu (which effectively ended my training after 5 weeks)!

Still though, got myself a new PB of 2:02:31 which is over 4 minutes faster than my previous best BUT the thing I loved the most was the improvement over my last two half marathons. September I did the Disneyland Paris run in 2hrs 20 minutes last year but that was pretty much the first run over 10km I had managed to do in well over 8 months due to injury. Then in October I died on the Peterborough half and crawled in at 2hrs 34 minutes!

So this year I was determined to put injuries behind me, suck it up and just make it happen! For the first time I actually followed a training plan with increasing long runs, easy runs during the week and an effort session once a week. Really started to see some improvements in my times being made so was really pleased with training "properly" and how that all went.

All went well in January until I ran in to issues with dead feet which was related to doing too much too soon FFS! But ok, pulled back training a little so I had more recovery time and that helped fix the issues with dead feet. Then the 2nd week of February I got man flu (and we all know how serious that is!) so that was pretty much the end of training until March 5 when the Cambridge run was on.

The next objective is to go under 2 hours for a half this year!

[Linked Image]
Im on the right.

Regards

Mailman

Last edited by mailman; 03/08/17 01:24 PM.