The keto-cholesterol thing is pretty well known. It's just part of the process. I'd talk to your doctor about it if you didn't tell him the diet you're on.
These are two great channels, btw.

IMO, I have no desire to do keto. I don't think it's sustainable and thus not good in the long run.
I don't like named diets, but I do like timing meals. I started with intermitent fasting at 16 hrs fasted, 8 hrs eating window. Now I'm on 4 hours in the evening and it doesn't bother me at all. That includes my workout in a fasted state, which is now up to 3 hrs 5 days a week.
My "diet" is 1500-1600 cals, the weight loss region, but I don't believe for a second that alone will cause weight loss. It takes the exercise too. Similarly, exercise without the diet isn't effective either.
I'm right around 50% carbs, 25% protein, 25% fats. I get some salt from foods and some sugar I'm sure, but not by adding it to anything.
Instead of a strange, temporary basis diet, I want a new menu and lifestyle. Anything else and I feel like weight will just come back on. It takes lifestyle change.

Come up with new foods. Eating right doesn't have to be expensive either! We spend in the neighborhood of $80 LESS per WEEK than we used to. HUGE savings.
A lot of good ideas here:
http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4402270/weight-loss-recipes#Post4402270
IMO, keep it fairly simple and make things in bulk and prep so you can get more meals out of it throughout the week. Bake/grill a bunch of chicken on Sunday night so you can use it through the week. Or potatoes (what I do a lot now). It doesn't have to be boring or hard to make to be healthy.

Ween yourself off of anything "packaged", soft drinks--even those with sugar substitutes.
All kinds of things can trigger insulin (even sugar substitutes). In the presence of insulin, you don't burn fat. That's an over simplification, but it's the bottom line and an easy rule to remember.

Find some kind of exercise you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, it takes willpower and that runs out. Create a routine, a lifestyle. You'll feel better after a while an may feel like adding other things, or increasing time.
Cells in your body are replaced every 3-4 weeks. All the damage that's been done, like becoming insulin resistant, can be wiped out if you start doing things right. In a month you'll feel far better.
Exercise is key. Do what you do every day or every other day and up the intensity over time. You'll feel GOOD. In fact, it works so well that I even have a kind of crash if I go 2 days without working out now. I never believed that before, but it's very powerful.

Don't rely on the diet except to get you going. As you start getting healthier, add in the appropriate amount of exercise. Don't over do it if you don't exercise now, just get started, that's the main thing. Then increase.
It takes time, but time is going to pass anyway, so you might as well benefit from it. I can't believe it's been this long since I started at 280 lbs, doing the bike at the gym for 30 minutes to start. It goes by fast and the rewards just KEEP COMING. You don't have to wait to reach your goal to be happy about the whole thing, the progress alone is incredibly rewarding.
thumbsup

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor