Fellas,

I know a forum departure post is lame, but I'll be gone for at least a year and I wouldn't want anyone concerned. rolleyes biggrin

It's been the perfect storm (including a power outage from an actual storm...not much to do but reflect), a CT kidney scan (which also detected "mild degenerative disc disease in the spine"...hereditary), and the final 'trigger' (new buzz word) to send me where I'm going, Dart's 80's music thread. To be more specific, listening to Edie Brickell again after so many years (long story...maybe I'll tell it next year). I think I'm having an 80's mental meltdown!

I tuned my life completely around in 1984 but have some unfinished business from 1988. Many things I've tried to accomplish (some just to finish) for 30+ years now. It's messing with my dreams almost nightly and is starting to screw with my daily life (mainly from lack of sleep), like it's reaching critical mass(?). I can't blame Grunge and the Internet for *all* of my issues (damm 90's smile ), I just now have to find the required drive and determination to do in a year or so what I couldn't do in 30. But I can't do it in a connected world with unlimited distractions (I never could...lacking willpower), I have to go back to an earlier simpler time (like the 80's) and reset.

Wife's not sure she understands completely, but I know she'll be supportive and at my side as always.

Immediately after I post this I'm going to be like Nirvana in NYC, unplugged (turning over satellite router, no using wife's work phone for personal reasons without ISP). I'm not removing wall wiring or outside dish because, to quote from 1984: "I'll be back."

Thanks, Dart. wink

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run