Originally Posted by RSColonel_131st
What actually happened to your "internet ban" wink ?

Yeah, that was suppose to last for 6 months, but only lasted 2. duh

I was *suppose* to just come back to explain why all my pics had disappeared (that I hadn't croaked), but I ended up staying (while replacing many pics with the new Attachment feature). Then I had to keep going online for event schedules and to get tickets, while wife realizes now how much she used Facebook to schedule stuff with family and a couple of good friends.

Sooo...we try to really limit our time online now. I'm doing much better spending less time here than I use to, wife is doing even better than I am. She does Facebook (or Instagram or whatever) for no more than an hour a day (usually after our evening walk/run and/or workout). I know I can do better still, like with counting calories, it's finding that illusive balance. It helps that I'm spending allot more time outside now.

Cool story about that old iron. Let us see how it turns out. Might be tricky to get the paint permanent and not chip off?

I asked about that, dad said it stays on pretty well if you keep the weights indoors. He has a single red homemade one-piece 15 lbs. (6.8 kg) dumbbell in his bedroom that still looks great, and he's had it for as long as I can remember (when I was a little kid). Clanking around on a barbell might be a different story, though.

I need to get back into my routine. Too much other stuff going on that drained my willpower... thankfully weight still holds.

I'm doing fantastic with my regular routine (about to head to the track after posting) but my weight and waist are barely improving. VERY frustrating considering my daily diet and routine, but that's life at 49.5 years, I guess. At least for the moment I'm feeling really good, aches and pains are minimal during and after working out.

Years ago I feared that my teeth would fall out or that my heart would explode in my chest. Now, as a 50 year-old man, it's the potential side effects of the blood pressure medication I'm taking. I gotta get off this crap before age catches up with me (never the "little blue pill" for me if I can help it - the beginning of the end). I'm hoping at tomorrow's physical that my dosage is at least reduced, but I *have* to finish losing the weight, I think, if I'm to get off of them completely. Pressure was good at the dentist today (routine cleaning).

++++++++++

Pensacola (Naval Aviation Museum) in a couple of days, not happening now. frown Instead of being there on the 20th, I'll be taking my wife back to the dentist to have some filling work done (discovered today during our cleanings). No use risking it (advised that we didn't wait on this) so we'll try Pensacola again in June.

Still have the Blue Angels this weekend in New Orleans, though! dance Our dentist, Dr. Fallin (we talk aircraft more than teeth) and some of his staff will also be there. Looks like rain on Saturday (90% thunderstorms) so we're planning on Sunday (unless the forecast changes). Again, I plan on doing lots of walking on that day (and no bad eating), but going to have to put the WWII Museum off as well, now. Damn. frown

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run