Someone had bumped this thread (posts lost in the interruption), got me thinking about it...

Again, good job Chucky and lookin' good, RSColonel_131st! wink

++++++++++

I turned 49 last month, wife turns 49 next week, our goal now is to finish what we started in our early 40's (she's close, I have a ways to go). At our age, we're paying closer attention to family history and the numbers on our blood work vs. the scale and tape measure. Our annual physicals this year were postponed due to the flooding, we still need to reschedule.

My last numbers were...

GLU: 94
ALT: 27
CHOL: 222
TRI: 134
HDL: 42
LDL: 154

I have to watch my glucose which is up a couple points from the year before, and diabetes runs rampant in my family. Oddly enough there's not much obesity on my side, my mom's parents were thin with diabetes, my father isn't overweight with mild diabetes (averages 120 every morning, low dosage Metformin).

I just want to get off blood pressure meds, then I'll be med-free for the time being.

++++++++++

Wife just got back some of her numbers, those related to heart (insurance won't test twice within a year, so glucose gets tested at physical [always low]).

Her recent numbers (compared w/last year)...

GLU: ?
ALT: 9 (23)
CHOL: 230 (223)
TRI: 113 (135)
HDL: 70 (62)
LDL: 137 (134)

Her cardiologist is pleased overall. While total and LDL (bad) are up, HDL (good) [is up] and triglycerides are down, and that to him is a good tradeoff. Big tests (treadmill stress and nuclear) in a couple of weeks. She's been off Lipitor for a few years now, will remain med-free for at least another year.

Her family history is a deceased father at age 32 (heart attack in his sleep, although *very* thin), siblings/late-mother with diabetes and/or high cholesterol (all obese, at least Class II [BMI over 35]).

++++++++++

For our 50th BD's next year, we're going to treat ourselves to...

...colonoscopies!

Oh boy, can't wait! biggrin Some places have virtual ones now, you still have to do the at-home cleanout but it works like an x-ray vs. a probe. Unfortunately, you take a chance of a having a repeat if they find something they want to snip.

++++++++++

EDIT: Since my Downtown Baton Rouge pics are lost (9/20/16), I'm going to post my favorite ones here. Spent the day walking my ass off, over 15,000 steps including lots of stairs...

Attached Files BatonRouge_01.jpgBatonRouge_06.jpgBatonRouge_08.jpg
Last edited by MarkG; 03/03/17 05:51 AM.