RK, the more I'm reading the fine print on this (6 pages), the fairer this policy/program seems to be, IMO.

The most important thing is to get the free (covered) annual physical which includes (according to the paper):

- height/weight
- waist circumference
- blood pressure
- blood glucose
- total cholesterol
- HDL/LDL cholesterol
- triglycerides

You don't even have to pass it to qualify, you only have to get it. The first (and biggest) penalty is simply not getting screened.

But about the size requirements...

Let's be honest. A man is probably not going to have good habits with a 39" waist. smile However, if he doesn't meet the BMI or waist requirements, he can still enroll in something called the Healthy Lifestyle Program (Complete "Real Appeal" OR Complete "Anthem Health Coaching"). I have no idea what any of this means yet (it's not described), maybe a health class like you take for bad driving? biggrin Whatever it is, I may want to do it regardless as I like this kinda stuff, and as long as it's free...

Also, if you don't meet the requirements and you can't do the Healthy Lifestyle Program, then you can still be exempt from surcharges with a note from your doctor excusing you from participating (so maybe it's a workout class?).

Again, it all seems pretty fair to me. There are other connected programs she's looking into (we normally do the corporate-sponsored 5k's and Amazon Dollars for steps, cost us nothing and we gets lots of cool stuff).

And I believe this is all tied in to her corporate discount (for both of us) to join the gym that I take my mom to twice a week. I don't need a gym, but their indoor heated pool is really nice and the people are mostly elderly and rehab patients (what they're known for) vs. muscle heads.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run