We just got our Christmas care package from my sister and her family. Full of the best homemade cookies, brownies and several other sweet treats. My kids get so excited to see those packages with her address on it. This is one of the highlights of our Christmas season, but SO many calories to burn.

Here are the workouts I'm doing at this time (started a third round of P90X2 last week).

Monday Core
Tuesday Plyometrics
Wednesday Foam rolling/stretching (recovery day required!)
Thursday Total body + 20 minutes abs
Friday Yoga
Saturday Balance and power (another total body workout with balance)
Sunday Foam rolling/stretching (sometimes i choose to just rest this day)

I wear a heart monitor most of the time and burn around 700 calories per workout. Not sure about yoga, because I don't wear the monitor on that day. I know my heart rate doesn't get up like the other routines, but Yoga is NOT easy. This one is an hour and a half, which is a little long -- sometimes I swap it out with a 30 minute session as I've got to get to work on time (workout starts at 5:00am). I find working out in the morning works best for me because I'm just too busy/tired/irritated/distracted/ect after work. The hardest part of all of it is getting out of bed when its cold and dark. I tell myself that all I have to do is show up -- don't even have to do the workout. Just show up. I very rarely miss a day and I've never actually shown up and NOT worked out. But the option is there!

RSC, that is a sweet bike! Really looks like fun -- but so is the dirt! My ridding buddy moved away and I don't really like being 15 miles deep in the woods without a fellow rider. If I go down and get hurt or the bike fails, I'm screwed. So, I'm a little reluctant to go riding, until I can find someone to ride with. Never used to have this problem when I was a kid. Tons of places to ride and a lot of friends wanted to do it. In some places nowadays, you can't ride a dirtbike on your own land! People complain that it's too noisey. Which is understandable, but why not just make a noise law? Oh, that's right, because they wouldn't be able to blow leaves around.

Salt. Here's a story. I was taking a trip back to my home state of Washington a few years back. On the way to the airport, I was clearing my throat a lot. By the time I was on the plane, my throat was feeling pretty scratchy. Mid-flight (5 hour ride) I was feeling really crappy. The attendant came by with drinks and I thought a spicey tomato juice would be good for my throat, which by now felt raw. All they had was bloody mary mix, so I drank that. Then I looked at the ingredients list. 2100mg sodium!!