Originally Posted by MarkG
RK, I just noticed your loss/projected loss is pretty good. So you plan to wrap it up this year (next 10 months) and then continue with maintenance? 2018...will be the year?! cheers

++++++++++

Mrs. and I have been watching old James Bonds (she zones in-and-out) and she thinks she's found my soon-to-be future look (minus the head of hair, was that real?)...

Lol. Trim, but no 6-pack and not all that buff. Plus I've got the old man chest hairs growing wild now, so I think maybe I can pull off this physique! biggrin

Yeah, I hope to get to the point I'm happy by Summer and then see what happens as far as transitioning to concentrate more on the weights and cut back on the cardio a bit. Add in my "real" bike, less stationary. Just have to see how things go. I'm not unhappy even with progress slowing some as long as there's progress.
I do have a plan I'm trying to stick to for my ideal progression, but it doesn't take into account adding muscle, so it may get tweaked.

Currently, I've gotten down from 280 to 228 (I'm 6'). I hate putting numbers to it, but I'm proud of the progress. So, about 52 lbs, but I know I've lost more than that in fat since I'm noticing more muscle and I'm shaping up. No one else would notice but my wife, but I do and that's what matters. LOL

Goal 1: 2/23 (doctor's appt) is to be at 219 lbs. Cutting it close, I have 9 to go and I seem to be putting on muscle as well as losing fat, so my figures aren't moving much. Been hitting it hard lately and getting better and better on my diet.
I needed 2 lbs a week to hit this, which is difficult right now. Last time I was there I'd only lost 22 lbs but my numbers were looking good. This should be interesting!
Goal 2: 6/2 is to be at 199. This 1 last pound is HUGE psychologically. If I hit the last goal, this is roughly 1.5 lbs/wk. That's one year after I got started, although I didn't get super serious until Sept. Still, I consider that my journey anniversary date. That would be 81 lbs lost.
Goal 3: 8/18 is to be 180. That would be the 100 lb mark. I forget what that date represents. I think I just want to hit the 100 lb mark by Sept 1, which is when I started the 6 days a week last year and taking it to the next level.
Goal 4: 10/5 longshot goal is 170lbs. At this point if I'm in the ballpark, I've already won I figure. Just icing on the cake.
Hidden Goal #5!
Motorcycle. yeah
Part of what started all of this was not wanting to look like a circus bear on a bicycle if I got one. LOL

Currently, I'm to the point my chest would cross a finish line before my stomach, so that's a good thing. LOL Punched yet another hole in my belt just today.
I'd like to look better than Sean in that pic. I'm curious what it's possible for me to be like if I stick with this. I'd like my late 40's to be my best "me" to date. I was usually waay too skinny growing up. Then a brief period in 20's-early 30's of being a good size, but not healthy due to smoking, taking my diet for granted and although I did ride my bike a good bit periodically, exercise was never really part of my life. Smoking is years in my past now, diet is rocking and I'm working out 6 days a week. This should be good!

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor