Finally decided to jump aboard.

I was laying in bed four weeks ago and two days tonight and decided i needed to change my whole life. I turned 46 this year, still smoking (32 years smoker) eating fairly sh/t food, drinking way to many iced coffees, no exercise despite a two year stint of riding to work three years ago..and then sitting at a desk all damn day. Heaviest i have ever been in my life, 97 kilos, 6.13.

I was at the point where running up a flight of stairs and i was puffed. Didn't want to take my shirt off at the beach because i was 'skinny fat'. Lost all of any tone i used to have, face getting fat, staying up late constantly..1am-2am bedtime, 6.30 rise, 8.5-9 hour work day. Just cruising through life doing jack sh/t. So about an hour in my head laying in bed and going over it all and made Friday (which was two days away) my quit all the bad crap day and start sorting my sh/t.

Had my last ciggie and iced coffee at 10 pm that Friday night while looking at the stars on my balcony and toddled off to bed. Up at 7 and cleaned the house from bottom to top. Ashtrays gone, threw everything in the fridge out, cleaned out the cupboards, swept, mopped..threw away all the crap you keep hanging on to for that 'this might come in handy moment'. Went and hit the shops and spent my ciggie and iced coffee money on new sneakers, new shorts, couple of new shirts, new socks, small backpack, fruit, cereal, yogurt and other weird things i never ate biggrin Found a nice clean 24/7 gym nearby and signed up.

4 weeks exactly today and i have hit the gym 6 days out of 7 for all 4 weeks. Get there at 5.45, finish at 7.10 and then go to work and try and contain my eating lol. In bed between 9.30 and 10.30, up at 5.20am. I have lost 5 kg and plateaued at 91.6 kg for the last week and a half. I am wanting about 78-82 kg and targeting a Brad Pitt Fight club body biggrin Seriously. Looking at toned, not weight lifter swole body type. At the moment i am not pushing myself full bore, but fairly hard. Most of my gym workout has been 3 sets/10 reps with chest day, leg day, back day, bicep/tricep day, shoulders day, cardio day with minor cardio in every day as well as stretching and a warm up on the treadmill. Mainly getting my form right first as i am a lot more uncoordinated than i thought i would be..those teen years are so far away now lol. I feel a bit like an old guy trying to be graceful doing ballet..it really is shocking how out of form you get.

I do need to get on a real eating plan as at the moment i am just eating good food as opposed to calorie counting..but that will come. Just trying to get my head right first. Third day at the gym and i nearly passed out on leg day pushing it too hard, sat on the floor in the 'omfg i am going to vomit position' for about two minutes before i could get up and not die. Lesson learned, i am 46 and have been smoking forever and not exercising or eating right, not 26 with plenty of go. Definitely feel a lot better and have a lot more pep in my step, my gut is going and i lost a notch on my belt..and i actually have some slight muscle happening. When i am watching a movie or chilling i have some hand grippers i use that i fatigue my forearms with to keep my mind of smoking when it pops up. Also working on being aware of my posture.

I have a 'skinny fat' series of pics i took the day before my first gym day but i am not posting them until i have three or so months of pics to see at least some change..too embarrassing atm lads.

So fairly massive changes for me but i am feeling much better, sleeping better and slowly stopping thinking about smoking when situations pop up. Christmas is a bit of killer as it keeps entering my head as a pressure time, if i drink..i smoke. Drinking isn't a big thing for me..but Chrissie is the time so i need to work that out when it comes. I bailed on our work party a week ago owing to drinks and party atmosphere and pressure to just let my hair down. One day at a time is real for me regards smoking lol.

Sorry for the book biggrin Hopefully about Feb/March i will be able to post some pics and keep on the roll i am on, pretty serious about what i am doing as the alternative is just crap. In for the long haul to get my goal body and be fit and not die early. Worst thing? I want to eat everything..all the damn time, never been so hungry in my life!

edit- Any gurus in this thread want to jump in with some suggestions with gym/diet, go at it, i am all ears.

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships