Yesterday we did our last clothes container check before the trip, a little disappointed but not too much. I'm not comfortable enough in my 34s yet (realizing now that 32"W was never a possibility), she feels the same way about her 2s, sticking with 4s and even some baggy 6s to dress in layers (thermals under jeans) as it's going to be pretty chilly and rainy in NYC. So the clothes situation didn't turn out how we wanted for the trip (preferring lighter smaller Spring/Summer wear) but at least we both have closets growing with nicer clothes as we get into them. As long as we're in our final containers by July/August beach vacations, what we're shooting for.

I've had to quit doing any running on the treadmill (brisk walking only, 10 - 12 miles/day) due to dizziness, and I know why as I've been there before (and it's good news). I'm going to see my GP as soon as we back, fingers crossed that I'll be taken completely off BP meds this time (already reduced). With my next physical in August, for the first time I want every number (BP and blood work) to be in the normal range without being on any medication. Just once, before I get any older. Wife is trying for the same (not on any meds but iffy cholesterol).

Good news...they're not moving the Baton Rouge Zoo (relatively close to us) and we're going to make it a regular habit using our annual passes when we return, just a great place to get in some walking. In fact, the city is going to expand it into the adjacent city park, making more walking paths and adding horseback trails. That's going to be cool.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run