Originally Posted By: Razorback
Originally Posted By: Lieste
I'm spot on for weight. But I have been a bit lax about keeping fit. Only doing a bit of walking and that had dropped down from around 500 km per month to barely 100.
I eat based on appetite, so that didn't make much change there ~ a steady 54-55kg (roughly 120lb)... but I'm not getting any younger and lost fitness gets harder to build back up as you get older (apparently).

I've had to stop working out a few times due to injuries and that first week back is HARD. So I tend to start slow... like 10 minutes on Monday. 15 on Tuesday. 20 on Wednesday etc. Until I'm up to 90 minutes of whatever. Then stick with that. I learned the hard way to not go from nothing to 100. Not a good idea.

I'm still fit. I walk briskly and hills are an excuse to raise the heart rate, not to slow down. (Over a long walk (say 20-50km) I'd manage to average 6.5-7km/h (including brief halts), over a mix of lanes, footpaths and open access land - and with around 1500m of ascent). I've done a mix of short brisk 'going somewhere' walks, and a few of these 'going somewhere the long way around' ones... just not as many. I'd just lost that defined muscle tone that I was always used to having (from decades of cycling).

The being bruising comes almost exclusively by being struck by fast moving synthetic swords during sparring, including slightly scarily taking part in the "prize fight" for one of the 18 month students who was passing his Scholar grade. I have a small collection of quite vivid bruises, which I managed to avoid adding to at the last session
duel