531 Ghost is kicking losing ass! thumbsup

++++++++++

RK, are you talking about POM Wonderful (pomegranate juice)? I buy the large containers at Costco and down a shot every evening as a nightcap...

1.5 oz (full shot glass) = 30 cal., 112.5 potassium, 7 carbs and 6 sugars, if I'm doing the math correctly.

I don't know if it truly helps men stay...healthy <cough>...but the sweetness (carbs and sugar) helps me feel satisfied (in the stomach area) before turning in. I also do a single square of Lindt 80% dark chocolate (also claiming to benefit men, even better being 90% though) and swapped the nightcap Cup of Joe for POM.

I believe that anything claiming to be beneficial for men is really just suppose to be heart healthy and good for the circulatory system, so you can't go wrong there. Although not even Quaker Oats is more heart healthy than a good 80's power ballad, IMO. biggrin

++++++++++

Chucky, I know in the past I binged a lot when I was feeling down, but I figured better food than booze. I'm also a big-time stress eater, as with the past 3 weeks and especially when we were worried about a breast tumor some time back. I have to stop doing that, to recognize when I'm stress eating and to just not do it. They'll be more stressful times and I have to figure out something else to do instead of turning to food.

I was told recently that my attitude was changing, and not for the better. Normally when grocery shopping, even if I'm not enthusiastic about it (and who is?), I at least participate (we split the picking out of produce and meats/seafood, finding new stuff to try, etc.). The last shopping (after eating a delicious hotdog in the food court smile ) was more like, "I need a refill, you keep shopping and I'll uh...come find you when I'm done," then leisurely hitting all the samples (mostly junk) at the end of the aisles on my way to the soda machine, returning ~20 min. later when the shopping was all but done.

That doesn't fly anymore. This lifestyle thing, in my case, has to be a joint effort, and I'm amazed how quickly I reverted back to old habits in such a short period of time.

++++++++++

Ah man, it's hot as hell here too, and more humid. The problem with late evening walking is the bugs (need to keep some Off in the car).

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run