All right, my heart rate monitors arrived this afternoon (also from DDPY, along with some t-shirts and metal license plate holder, all from their Clearance page). We'll be starting our first regular Beginner routine tonight.

The complete package...

[Linked Image]

I had a bad eating day on Saturday, visiting family in Lafayette, LA, a ginormous spread. I'd say it was the cheat day of cheat days, carrying over into yesterday as our generous host made plates for us to take home. That's going to do it for the year, now I'm ready to get serious again. smile

I'm responding well to the DDP pro-wrestling attitude on my DVDs (also some additional YT inspirational videos), but the ultimate would be to have Gunnery Sergeant Hartman (R. Lee Ermey) live at my house for a couple of months or so to totally kick my ass back into a real routine! biggrin Yeah, I thought about that after watching the "Full Metal Jacket - Gomer Pyle" clip in the necroed PWEC thread (also reminds me how much I miss "Mail Call"). I've tried getting my wife to scream at me a little for motivation, but it doesn't really work, she's not convincing or intimidating enough. I also tried giving her my best drill sergeant persona once, but that didn't go down so well. smile So now we both get at least a little dose of that tough instruction style but mild enough that she enjoys it as well.

I'm already becoming more limber from the pre-beginner workout, and now I'm about to turn it up a notch.

Attached Files DDPY.JPG

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run