Originally Posted by MarkG
I've been a couple of times, always on a road trip to or from Jax, FL (where I lived) and Baton Rouge, LA. I never could finish it though (complete indoor/outdoor tour) because I didn't have the stamina to walk that much in the allotted time. Unbelievable, compared to the ground I cover today, almost daily, and back then I couldn't cover the distance of a single museum (walking slowly with frequent sitting breaks).

This is why walking is such a good exercise. Now I am a little person, 5'8" and 135, but I walk a lot. I walk my dogs at least 3 x 1 mile walks each day and any time I want to go somewhere within a mile or two, without needing to return with a heavy load, I walk. Today, I wanted a Five Guys burger for lunch. It was 64 degrees and sunny so I walked the two miles both ways (twenty minutes each way).

If it has been a while since a good walk I will feel the muscles tighten but I push through and the discomfort fades away. I read while I walk so the time goes by in a flash.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1