Originally Posted by MarkG
I believe that by the end of this month I'll match my 2009 size/weight.

Pffft, wishful thinking. I've put back on what I lost in NYC, back to wearing the clothes I wore at beginning of trip. It's not like I've been splurging or doing much cheat snacking, but my cardio (treadmill and outdoors) has gone to pot, I need another mega-walking incentive to get my head back into it (maybe New Orleans this August for a concert, make a mini-vacation out of walking the Quarter and downtown).

Despite all the walking in NYC, my wife gained from all the eating, especially the last few days when I had little appetite and she ate most of my share (she owes me several half-cupcakes and 1/4 of a Katz's Pastrami)! But like my ectomorphic brother, once she goes back to eating normally (mainly eating at home), any extra weight falls off quickly. Right now I feel like *I'm* the one who's menopausal! biggrin

Oh well, the comfortable 34 inchers felt good while it lasted, but at least I'm getting progressively stronger and harder (mainly arms and chest). I don't think situps and crunches or any abs work or yoga makes much of a difference if your BF% is still too high, except that you feel stronger at your core. Maybe I'm developing a six-pack under the flab, lol. My Mrs. isn't into 'skinny' like I am so I have that going for me I guess, I just don't want to start having foot problems again (after doing so well in NYC).

We've noticed the Molly Ringwalds are playing small towns throughout Louisiana lately, thinking about making weekend road trips (shorter drives, wouldn't require a rental) and exploring some of these towns on foot while we're there (similar to OK/MO). That would be kinda cool, and not so expensive.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run