RK, we're ~50 and living in the Deep Fried South, but dammit, we'll put up the good fight! biggrin

I also buy local honey from a beekeeper who lives not far from us, and I use it to sweeten my Quaker Oats and coffee. I tried going straight black but I couldn't get past the aftertaste.

This thread has enough age on it to see patterns of success and failure, and something I've noticed is that whenever I try going gung-ho, it doesn't last (for whatever reasons) and I fail. Sooo...just going to try keep it reasonable and constant.

I said earlier that, "...the occasional hunger pains are worth it." It's really more like "cravings" because I refuse to go hungry, but I sometimes crave something different and/or that really full feeling. Fortunately I have an excellent support system with my wife and parents as we're all on the same page, despite our recent splurging (which was my fault for extending it as closing was delayed).

I'm the only one of my siblings (older bother and sister) who has a problem with food/weight. My bother (same 5'-9" [175 cm]) recently stopped eating so much ice cream w/cashews at night and is now under 150 lbs. (68 kg). Holy crap! Our friendly race to a 32" waist is over, he's below that now. As the loser, I owe him and his a Sammy's (local restaurant) fried seafood platter on their next visit to BR! smile

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run