Originally Posted By: Goblin
When I'm doing P90X I only listen to the DVD sound track. I did Insanity a couple of years ago and got to where I'd mute the TV and listen to some Rush or Scorpions or something (but not Rocky soundtrack cool maybe I'll give that a try) . The moves in insanity didn't require the level of concentration that P90X does. That's not quite right, what I mean is I need to listen to the little reminders about form when doing P90X, but not for insanity.

IMO, killer treadmill/track music...

Rush - A Show of Hands (concert):
http://www.amazon.com/Show-Hands-Rush/dp...a+show+of+hands

Representing my least favorite era of Rush (mid-late 1980's) but the steady beat on many of the songs makes it easy for pacing. I sometimes imagine myself as Neil Peart getting tired during a show, you can't just stop and rest in the middle of a performance, and so I keep running until the next song, and then the next... Cheesy, but it works for me.

Wife listens to her own tunes (also into music) and when we exercise together (even if just walking a track) we immediately plug in to our tunes (headphones, sometimes stereo at home). This isn't the time for conversation or small talk, "How was your day?", we'll do this before and after or in the car.

One my favorite Rocky tunes (even better than Survivor's "Eye of the Tiger")...

Rocky - Going the Distance: