Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite
I was thinking about this thread the other day.
I had to do some physical therapy for a torn bicep a couple of months ago, and I sneaked in trying out some extra exercise machines while there and found I liked it. Added in some walking. My diet isn't bad, but I stepped it up. Watching the calories, fat etc a lot more closely and keeping around 1600-1800 calories a day. Nothing that comes frozen or in a wrapper. I've already cut out salt as I'm on some blood pressure and water pill meds. Lost about 13 lbs. so far.
Continuing my PT at home, but also joined the Y a couple of weeks ago. Used to enjoy cycling, but not so much now. Really like the recumbent stationary bike at the gym and the programs it can do, so that works out. They have a ton of machines that I like a lot more than free weights and resistance bands, so that's good for holding my interest. Going three times a week for about an hour and a half a session.
I don't drink much these days, but I made my weekly reward allowing myself a soft drink on Fri, Sat and Sun. I'm not out for crazy fast weight loss but something steady and sustainable I enjoy. So far so good. I doubt its coming off fast, but I'm feeling pretty good over all regardless.

There isn't anything fundamentally wrong with frozen. More with processed fast foods. It is arguable that frozen vegetables last longer and have better nutritional value than anything except freshly harvested - most which have been displayed at a store and then kept for a few days at home are less fresh than frozen veg.

I only tend to buy fresh veggies as a 'walking snack' and use (nearly) exclusively frozen for regular at home use.
Fresh fruit is something I buy in small amounts as it is much easier to use by browsing and rarely go to waste.