Lost 80 lbs last year and a half. Still 30 to go but no hurry, and that is one of the tricks. You can lose fast, but very very few people can keep it off. After hitting the -80 plateau, it is easy to maintain the weight loss. Even if I cheat over a pizza, as long as I don't perpetuate a feeding frenzy the next day, and go back on the regular maintenance diet, it comes right back down. Other thing is, we take the dogs on a daily brisk walk from 1.5 to 2.5 miles depending on the weather. Bigtime exercise is terrific but the exercise time / amount versus the calorie count doesn't balance out. Exercise in moderation daily and don't miss a day. Eating... More small meals. Never let yourself get too hungry. Guzzle water. I think I'd read if urine is yellow and not clear, it indicates some level of dehydration. Many people supposedly think they're hungry but they're actually dehydrated. Find yourself something that works as a snack. My Achilles heel is chips (as in potato and corn) and pastries. For my substitute, the lady bakes 2-3 pans of whole oats, one or two eggs to hold it together, and mixes in raisins. That does it! Rather than living without goodies, I substituted it when the munchies hit for healthy and good tasting. Think what you really like and think through a stand-by substitute.

Wisdom is knowing what's enough