Good advice, RK. I now consider sleep to be just as important as diet and exercise. My (admittedly lame) version of living in the fast lane (cue up the Eagles) is coming to an end.

++++++++++

I didn't know that I could have raised my T just by getting proper sleep the night before testing. But that'll never happen on annual checkup week (GP, dentist, dermatologist, optometrist), especially when fasting for morning blood work (I don't sleep well on a totally empty stomach). There are other things I could have done that morning to raise my T (that I won't mention...lol) but that's like cheating. Once you establish a baseline, you need similar conditions for comparison. And all I want now is to watch for trends (good or bad). I *may* one day do home testing (prick finger and send off for results) under more...optimal conditions. smile

I bring this up because there's actually online info on how to bring *down* your T before testing, just low enough to qualify for TRT (which I would consider only as an absolute last resort, after all natural attempts have been exhausted).

At least I pass the body hair and finger test (ring finger longer than index, supposedly indicating higher T at birth). What has become of it now, as with all of my health numbers, is the result of decades of abuse, then about 10 years of making an effort. If only I could go back 30 years and have a talk with myself at 20, when I felt indestructible.

But yeah, enough about that. biggrin

++++++++++

I'm just not a gadget guy (I have no smart phone), but maybe I'll find an "app" for my PC.

Other than weekday working hours, my wife and I spend pretty much all of our time together, so I know what she eats (even for lunch) and vise versa. I'm following her diet more closely because I'm envious of her high HDL which her cardiologist feels is more important than worrying about her high LDL. Her HDL/Total Cholesterol ratio (I think) is currently in the healthy range, while mine is not. But the only difference in our diets (besides portion sizes, sometimes) is how we snack (usually an apple or pear for her, cashews and prunes or dates for me). I'm probably still eating too many fats, even if it's the better fats. The exact proper ratios of proteins/fats/carbs get too complicated for me and counting calories sucks, which is why I probably need an app of some kind. smile

Short time with new sleeping habits, already feeling like a new man (or it could be all in my head, but I don't think so). No more coffee and dark chocolate dessert (often right before turning in).

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run