I wanted to post a wrap-up of the above (and after getting some very unofficial medical advice)...

Testosterone 418 ng/dL: Non-issue (so far). Total-T is just not enough info to go by and usually won't be considered by your GP unless you're having multiple symptoms of low T (fatigue, irritability, problems concentrating, and yes, sexual issues) *and* if it's totally in the crapper (symptoms may begin below 300, but for some as low as 250 and even 200). To know what's really going on, you need a breakdown of other numbers like Free-T (usable T) and how sensitive your T receptors are (how effectively your body uses T). You can have a high Total-T but low Free-T, or other reasons (gland performance) that keeps your body from efficiently using available T (common with users of Rogaine, elevated sky-high Total-T but only normal levels of usable Free-T). So unless you have symptoms of low T, you need not worry about it (or websites that say without at least 600 TT, you won't feel like a man...lol).

However, I think it's a good idea to at least get your Total-T checked at age 50, even without having low T symptoms, so that you have a baseline to go by. I still plan to watch for trends with my T over the years as I age (as I do my other numbers, many actually improving with age due to lifestyle). Also, if necessary, to learn my low T threshold if problems do arise in the future. And here's something to consider for the aging male...a super-high T can be dangerous to the prostate.

++++++++++

HDL Cholesterol 40 mg/dL: This one does concern me, a number that can potentially kill me. HDL, the good cholesterol, is like little elves with spatulas and picks that run around in your bloodstream, scrapping and chipping crap off your arteries and then sweeping the debris to your liver to be processed. At least that's how it's shown in my book "YOU: The Owner's Manual". LDL, the bad cholesterol, does the opposite, sticks around and clogs you up. So you want as many good guys doing their thing and the bad guys to disappear. Not how I am right now, I need many more chippers and sweepers, if just to counter having too many bad guys (LDL 134 mg/dL).

My daily diet is already just about maxed to the healthiest (balance of proteins, good fats and complex carbs), but I know I still eat too much and now I'm forcing myself to count calories. Despite the waist shrinkage, there's quite a bit of belly on top of it and that has to go (I know it's directly linked to my less-than stellar numbers). So maybe more cardio and more reps with slightly lighter weight to burn fat (vs. less reps with more weight and less cardio to build T, I 'll worry about that later).

++++++++++

So yet another year to get my numbers straightened out (also to start including BMI, BF%, and full body measurements [including the extra inches *above* the waist]).
That about does it for now.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run