That's concentrated motivation! wink

On a less sexy note...

My older sister (by 7 years) is having back troubles again. My mom (late-70's) has had several major back surgeries over the years and is putting off the next one as long as possible. My father and older brother (by 5 years) have never had back troubles so I'm keeping my fingers crossed while trying to be pro-active about it.

My wife has always had slight scoliosis, not the typical front-on "S" shape but more of a twist in her spine that you can only see on x-rays. I've noticed that when she's standing rigid and doing curls, that the bottom of her ribcage on one side pokes out just a touch more than the other, due to her spinal twist. These defects don't improve with age of course, but she feels ever since she's become consistent with workouts (alternating evenings with yoga) that her back feels much better, going days at a time without bothering her, plus she sleeps better.

I've had what I consider to be normal back aches and pains for my age, but the yoga stretching really seems to be helping me and I'm definitely sleeping better since I've started doing yoga (DDP). Before each weights workout we go through a quick DDP "touchdown/diamond cutter" as part of our stretch routine, I've never heard so much popping and cracking. biggrin The thing with the hands and finger stretching (I show some pages back) has helped my Carpal Tunnel big time, also with what I felt was possibly arthritis setting in.

On our way home from NYC, we're going to try to attend a DDP Yoga class at his studio in Atlanta. It'd be kinda cool if he's the instructor that day (doubtful).

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run