So haven't been able to work out since April 19th. I got cleared to work out and then needed a root canal and it took a week to get it done.

So I was able to work out yesterday and this morning. So they had an org day with sports. I showed up to get in the swim competition for the battalion, but the team was already formed, so I went to my company and asked if I could swim with them. They had the team and even though I knew they had 3 slow guys on the 4 man team, they refused to give up a slot.

So I just watched. Our battalion's relay team included an Olympic Swimmer (I think he was an alternate if I recall correctly) and a guy who swam competitively in college and is dive certified. So they were fast.

So they ended up in first place with an 18:41 1600 yard relay.

Then my company's team got second place with 22:51.

As the second to last heat started the chaplain from 2nd Battalion was on the phone when he hung up and stated that the dive guys from 2nd Battalion had decided not to show up.

So he started recruiting from the spectators. The guy to my left says, "I can swim, but my breast stroke is faster than my free style." He looked at him and said, "Nope, you're not swimming." biggrin

So he asked if anyone could swim good. So I volunteers and 2 other guys from 3rd Battalion offered to swim.

The chaplain went first, I was anchor. Ends up he is a Tri-Athlete with his son on the Air Force Academy Swim Team. He was wicked fast, the other guys were strong swimmers, then I did mine and we ended up with 19:25 for a time. Second Place!!!!! We bumped my company to 3rd.

The sad thing is that I was so winded compared to what I was feeling like after swimming back in early April.

Well, I'm back on the workout/diet again. I'm quite proud of myself considering how little I have worked out since April 19th.

Keep Calm and Check Canopy

There are no ex-paratroopers, only ones off jump status

Learn Economics at:
http://www.mises.org
Carthago delenda est