^ Yes. Freefalcon was definitely less realistic and automated many things that require more attention or steps in BMS because they're implemented more closely to real life.

The nice thing about DCS is that you can have your cake and eat it too. If you want the super hard core realism, you have A-10, etc. If you want the lite experience you have FC3. What I'm saying is that I wish there was a middle ground between these two levels of realism, or at least that the FC3-level planes had a clickable cockpit- for the reasons I've already mentioned.

I've never built a flight simulator or DCS aircraft, but I have to think there are realism shortcuts they could take that would a) allow that middle ground I'm talking about, and b) allow them to crank out a module more quickly because it requires less development.

Those guys making the Buc and A-4 mentioned earlier are on the right track. I wish DCS would embrace that, and just add that little more to make them really awesome.

On subject, scripted campaigns do absolutely nothing for me. In fact, I'm probably the anti-Streakeagle in this regard. I'm either all-in on dynamic campaigns, or else multiplayer. ARMA 3 is a classic example of a sim that keeps me highly entertained completely due to its multiplayer aspect.

"A week or even a month for someone basically saying "shucks, this is pants" maybe. But their banhammer only has the forever setting. Gotta set phasers to stun for the localization of female undergarments, not kill yo." - Frederf