Originally Posted By: Troll
To me, there's a big difference between complaining and criticising. Complaining has never brought me anywhere, so I stopped doing that around kindergarten wink Constructive criticism, however, works. I have been vocal about bugs and features in sims before, and been invited to closed testing because of this. Today, it's more about open testing, but the essential development process is the same, and devs still listen to reasonable criticism, bug reports and wishes.

So, no, I see no point in complaining. I do think there's a point in being constructive.

I see very little contructive criticism around here, but a lot of complaining,

Fair enough point. Back in the day, I would have staunchly supported ED. However, I've seen so many constructive criticisms shot down and many reputable members banned and I've realized that ED is not interested in any "bug reports" or "constructive criticisms" unless they were going to do it anyway. Take the scenario of Snoopy and Noodle's ITT gauge. They were not interested in fixing it, they were not even interested in being honest about it, and they played the whack-a-mole game too! Customers can be as constructive as they want, but unless ED wants to play nice in the first place, well, you're kinda playing russian roulette.

We are now criticizing both the product and the company and I think there's so much negativity that it comes off as complaining.

Complaining: express dissatisfaction or annoyance about something. - ED suxx bollz
Criticize: indicate the faults of (someone or something) in a disapproving way. - ED has missed their deadline.... again!

- Ice