Originally Posted By: Sobek

That is absolutely not what i'm saying.

I do wonder however what you would have done. For all the namecalling you do, you offer no alternatives AT ALL. It's all so easy pointing fingers. The situation is not ideal, no questions asked. But what would YOU have done?

It's irrelevant what I would have done because desktop simulation is not my day-job unlike ED. What is the point in me offering options because ED aren't going to listen and nor would I expect them to. Given that they haven't learned from their own mistakes why would they listen to anyone else? One thing is for sure, their planning should have been much better and definitely taken into account obsolescence and the potential for a Direct X engine upgrade at some point down the line. Granted, there are many unknowns but that's what your risk budget is for....I'm not even sure that ED definitely had the budget or ideas to create the required budget to see this project through given the way they go about the alphas/betas/early access and now campaigns to generate funds to see projects through....and even then don't actually see projects through anyway.

Originally Posted By: Sobek
It doesn't really matter, because unless you work for Microsoft or Google, chances are high that your project is nowhere near the complexity level of DCS.

I don't normally talk about my day job because again, within SimHQ it's irrelevant, however I work for one of the world's largest defence companies and am an technical lead/integration manager for weapons and systems interfaces on naval platforms. I don't really need to add anything to that about complexity levels but I can assure you if my projects were delayed like EDs I'd have been out of a job years ago.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.