I admit I was disheartened when I saw that they were "going back to 2.0" after a 1.5.4 beta release, especially because doing things on diverging code brances is a vicious cycle. However, if you take a look at the beta there are a lot of updates from 1.5.3. Things like you don't normally see, such as more than just a few keyboard/joystick lua files and it also appears that just about every campaign mission (including DLC) has been updated. This likely means that they have completed (or almost completed) the AI/ME tweaks and they are paying attention to the things we have already paid for. It also appears that they are applying the 2.0 enhancements to the 1.5 series, which is doing more to integrate the code branches than diverge them.

After seeing the content in the beta, I feel a little better. I'm not expecting a 2.5 release in early July, but at least I saw quite a bit of progress.

-Home Fries

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
- Robert A. Heinlein

The average naval aviator, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy, and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.