BMS is not Falcon 4.0? It may be heavily modded with new graphics and all kinds of refinements. But fly BMS or vanilla Falcon 4.0 the way I like to fly (focused purely on close range air-to-air) and there is very little difference after all of these years: in a 1 vs many air-to-air fight that goes WVR, get ready for the Conga line. If you have enough ammo, a dog chasing his own tail can eat it right up.

Whereas the "lite" SF series modeling of multiplane dogfights approaches historical results when given an accurate initial setup and the right pilot quality settings. I like clickable cockpits, but that is the last thing I am looking for in a combat flight sim. First would be flight modeling (including the look and feel when starting up, taking off, and landing), then the performance of weapons and systems (which is quite separate from the detail of the controls), then the AI's ability to fly and employ weapons and systems, fully detailed clickable cockpits is the icing on the cake.

Most DCS aircraft now have flight and system modeling equal or better than any PC flight sim out there. The AI is somewhere between Falcon 4 and Strike Fighters. Its biggest flaw besides cheating with simplified flight models is that the DCS AI responds predictably. If you play the same mission and follow the same path/actions, the AI will almost react exactly the same 100% of the time. Once you find the correct series of actions to misdirect the AI, you can consistently beat them.

Last edited by streakeagle; 05/04/16 04:05 AM.

forum: a public meeting or assembly for open discussion
discussion: an extended communication (often interactive) dealing with some particular topic
censorship: practice of suppressing a text or part of a text that is considered objectionable