Originally Posted By: tagTaken2
True. Market and sim complexity are nothing like they were, yet people still expect sims to be priced like games. Steel Beasts has a more realistic approach.

Oh really??

Steel Beasts Pro PE v4.0 costs $125 USD and includes how many playable (and detailed) vehicles??
Try having the same number of playable (and detailed) aircraft in DCS and then tell me that you'll pay less than $125 USD (again for the same number of playable aircraft in DCS versus the same number of playable tanks in SB), right rolleyes

On top of that, every Steel Beasts copy must include a piece of hardware (a CodeMeter stick) which has to be shipped to every customer and that my friend will inevitably increase (and considerably!) the cost of each SB copy.
Note that I'm NOT saying that SB decision of including a CodeMeter stick is a bad one, by the contrary but it's a decision that will inevitably increase the product/copy cost, a cost which in the case of SB is not only about the software itself.

Besides and despite I never played SB, it seems that this sim (SB) isn't the buggy mess that DCS currently is (and always was).

Another funny thing that I see posted here is how simulations should be more expensive today than in the 1990's because they are more "complex". Sure that they are more complex but have you forgotten that simulations in the 1990's also had increased costs compared to today's simulations? I'm talking about CD's or DVD's which had to be purchased by the software developer or publisher by thousands since each copy was equal to at least one disc (CD or DVD) and each copy also included a printed manual often with several dozens or even hundreds of pages (again for EACH COPY) and then a shinny new and colored printed box to include each set of discs and manual (again for EACH COPY) - So this aren't extra cost?? Only extra software complexity adds costs??
Again discs, manuals and boxes added costs to those 1990's simulations a cost that simply doesn't exist with today's simulations so I would say that this cost (discs, manuals and boxes) likely offsets the extra cost that the "extra software complexity" that give to modern simulations!

But yeah, keep ignoring these facts...