Originally Posted By: ST0RM
But like the gif above, so many people will throw their money at anything new, the current schedule will not be affected enough to make anyone take notice of the underlying problems that people have been bringing up. And many arent simply gripes, but true issues that continually get blown off.

Let me just quote myself from this thread:
Originally Posted By: - Ice
This is exactly how I feel. If I were just learning an aircraft or learning a system or learning an attack method, the sterility and repeatability of the DCS environment is ideal. For scripted missions, there's some fun in that too. Once you outgrow your training wheels, however, the flaws of the world start to show. If the user has nothing else to do but to go and study ANOTHER aircraft, and thus keep their training wheels on indefinitely, I can see how the world will continue to appeal. Again, if/when the time comes for the training wheels to come off, I don't think the DCS world environment will still feel the same.

I am fully aware that there are virtual squadrons dedicated to flying certain aircraft such as the A-10C and these guys don't have their training wheels on. However, for the amount of effort needed to maintain the suspension of disbelief for a mission that will only be flown a handful of times, well, again, the DCS environment's flaws are difficult to cover up.

Those people will **HAVE TO** throw their money at the next new thing, in order for them to keep their training wheels on. Otherwise, they will then look up and realize how sterile their world is. Then there's also the part of the population that simply "doesn't know any better." It's hard to appreciate what BMS can offer if the person hasn't tried BMS... and sometimes, the reputation of Falcon is enough to discourage a simmer from trying it.

- Ice