Originally Posted By: JG26 vonVampr
I have kept myself out of this never ending quagmire up until this point, but now feel compelled to enter the quicksand with the rest of you screwy

Welcome!! biggrin

I keep hearing from the dissenters how bad of a product DCS aircraft and world are and how unfinished they are. Really, compared to what?

Er, broken is broken. Just because everything else is broken does not mean broken is now "okay." Just because other titles are delayed or have lots of bugs does not mean that it is now acceptable to be delayed and bug-ridden.

I love F4 in it's current state, but it was a very broken piece of software for a very long time. It is the only sim that's even worth mentioning in the same breath as DCS, and even after 18+ years of development it's still not even close to DCS IMO.

I'd be interested to know YOUR views and points why you say "it's not close to DCS."

At this point, we all know that ED doesn't meet deadlines or commitments and it's a black mark on their brand without a doubt. Knowing this, it's really very easy not to be misled by them and suffer the sorrow of unfulfilled promises. DON'T BUY THEIR PRODUCTS!! Baam, no more disappointment, no more letdowns, problem solved.

True, but again, this thread isn't about whether a product should be purchased or not but rather ED's development time of DCS and why it chooses to entertain "distractions" considering the situation it is in.

A closer consideration to your point is the question: What about those that ALREADY brought their products on the promises made at the time of purchase? Hindsight is 20/20, unfortunately. So, what about those that have already purchased modules and are still stuck waiting?

I however, won't notice your mirth at my expense because I'll be flying in the most advanced, highest fidelity sim aircraft ever made available to the public and smiling all the way waiting for the next awesome release.

Someone once said that DCS is an airframe simulator, and they are correct. Maybe like FSX, with better graphics and a small dash of combat, but with a much smaller map. I don't blame you though; I'll probably be in the same boat as you (literally!!) once the Tomcat is released, but again, just because the faults are covered up by a new module, does not mean they're not there. What happens when the "honeymoon phase" is over and the next-new-thing isn't around yet?

I'm happy to suffer through the delays.

Up until when?

- Ice