Originally Posted By: David_OC
If ED or a 3rd Party was to eventually do a type of Dynamic Campaign engine then the way they are going would be the correct way.

ED and some of the 3rd party's now have a good income source, take Leatherneck with the MiG 21 and now soon the viggen in the ED shop. Good Viggen sales on launch and good steady sales for many many many years to come, same for the Mig 21.
'

Where are you getting ED's sales figures from to know they're doing so well? When/where did you do the market research on the Viggen and how many units is the Mig 21 currently selling?....it must be a fair few if there are many many many years of steady sales to come.

Also, if ED are doing everything the 'correct way' why on earth do they need to revamp not only the supporting engine but all the major components you listed towards the bottom of your post.......and why can they not complete the work in an efficient manner and to their own schedule? In case you weren't aware EDGE is nearly 3 years late, NTTR must be close to 5 years late now. WWII content is also years late. I'm not even sure why you think ED would do a DC 'the correct way'....I think I've asked you before why you believe this because EDs history suggest they don't do anything the right way and are unable to learn from previous mistakes. (you didn't reply as to why you think they would suddenly handle things very differently either).

If ED were to make a campaign, as opposed to doing everything correctly this is how I think it would pan out;

• They would have to completely change the supporting engine as a start point as there are far too many restrictions and links back to the old Flanker engine to support a DC of today/tomorrow.
  • They would overpromise and under-deliver...but everything would be caveated by 'SUBJECT TO CHANGE'
  • They would not estimate the amount of time or the amount of resources correctly
  • They would have to release a half-baked, unfinished DC as work slips
  • They would incorporate multiple development streams due to the comment above
  • They would dismiss community comments/recommendations because they think they know better and don't make mistakes
  • They would ban community members from their message boards if they made a comment they didn't like (even on other forums)
  • They would announce further delays
  • They would never actually finish the DC
  • They would start a new DC before the first one ever came close to completion
  • They would run out of funds and have to start releasing other early-access modules to pay for the original DC work
  • They would damage their reputation further
  • They would eventually release a brilliant DC.......in 2120
  • Most of their audience at the point of full release would have either passed or be too old to care

That doesn't sound like a company that knows what they're doing to me and certainly blows away your theory. I'd suggest your post is based on wishful thinking rather than anything factual.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.