Originally Posted By: Aeronautico
I would think campaign design detracts not a single bit to any other effort

Probably I am just being naive: please tell me why.

Have a look through the thread, ED are creating patches to support some of these campaigns (one of the campaigns had a dedicated patch just for that campaign) and we'd like to think they are actually doing some testing on the campaigns too and may well have to make some tweaks etc before they are released. There will undoubtedly be additional effort into getting it out of the door with a valid installer etc.

Now what happens when a DCS World patch breaks a campaign.....is the original campaign author going to make the necessary tweaks and fixes? Probably not, it will most likely be ED that does that and now multiply it by how many campaigns are out there. What happens when the dev branches get merged......all the campaigns have to be tested again, potentially more integration and validation work required.

And so forth.....it's certainly not the case that there isn't any effort on ED's part. But, not to worry...it's providing additional funds for all the extra work they give themselves by being totally incompetent in many other areas.

On the Eighth day God created Paratroopers and the Devil stood to attention.