Like I was saying this is ED's journey that I have been writing about lately, not FSX's now dovetail games or Falcon 4, Spectrum HoloByte, MicroProse, Hasbro, Open Falcon, SuperPak 3, bms.

Falcon was originally designed and produced by Gilman Louie and programmed by Les Watts for the MSX (1984, under title of F-16 Fighting Falcon)

Falcon A.T. (1988), also known as Falcon 2

Falcon 3.0 was claimed to have used flight dynamics from a real military simulator, and required a math coprocessor to enable the high fidelity flight mode. Even in less demanding modes, it was still virtually unplayable in computers running on less than a 386 computer (recommended 33 MHz 486, a top end machine at this time). It was announced well in advance of its actual release date (1991).

Falcon 4.0 was the source of much controversy due to source code being leaked from MicroProse in the year 2000. In the years between the source code leak and the release of Falcon 4.0: Allied Force (2005), many "unofficial" tweaks were released by the online community to fix bugs and enhance the game for modern systems.

The development of falcon could go back and start in perhaps 1980? That is one huge journey! 36 years there!
OK lets say 1982 and took two years to code, still 34 years.

This is cutting Edge stuff Spectrum HoloByte, MicroProse where doing back then and it took how many free man hours to get F4 somewhat respectable after launch? BMS redid the FM in 2006, not saying it wasn't a good game before, but it was very much a game and not a good flight sim before BMS fix the FM properly.

ED had a very different path and direction since 1991 to these big companies.

NTTR was redone by ED to very new level, well it speaks for itself today in the latest update.

WW2 was completely taken over by ED to complete and is honoring the kick starter agreement.

As far as I'm concerned there are no real time set limits with any flight simulation coding, the work goes on and always can be better, grated you could do what F4 had to do and get something out the door, even tho it practically didn't work when released.

You could just setup and sell crappy system and FM model planes in FSX or X-Plane and many do.

ED has stuck it out and taken the long hard road for their future and are so close to a new chapter. How many planes and helicopters are in EDs shop now Paradaz? How many campaigns? Why would Razbam or Leatherneck join ED?

Do you think ED is making traction and going froward in the sim market place or going backwards? When it comes to systems and FM's ED and the 3rd parties sets this bar in the flight sim field very very high.

Originally Posted By: Paradaz

(1)They would have to completely change the supporting engine as a start point as there are far too many restrictions and links back to the old Flanker engine to support a DC of today/tomorrow. They would have to completely change the supporting engine as a start point as there are far too many restrictions and links back to the old Flanker engine to support a DC of today/tomorrow.

That doesn't sound like a company that knows what they're doing to me and certainly blows away your theory. I'd suggest your post is based on wishful thinking rather than anything factual.

Again this is ED's timeline here not a MicroProse money spending game changing power house.

ED would perhaps build a campaign more like Kevin Klemmick – Lead Software Engineer for F4 said

"I would do a mix of scripted/generated missions, so that the player still feels like they’re involved in the world, but there is also some variety thrown in to keep things interesting."

This is plausible for ED or 3rd party to do and I believe would be the best way to go moving forward.

Falcon F4 is one extremely expensive piece of fine SimArt. MicroProse spent 11+ million, how many more man hours did open falcon, SuperPak 3, bms throw at F4 to get it to where it is today? Would F4 be worth 20+ million today or more?

Tommo makes a little profit, $7 dollars on steam. Wonder what Tommo paid for the Falcon F4 IP?