Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
...I'd be perfectly happy with an endless parade of $30 FC3-level planes like the Mirage, Falcon, Tomcat, Viggen, Apache, and so on that can get done in a year. Then, if demand is there, retrofit the DCS level systems into them later as paid DLC. Meanwhile, we could have been flying them without that.

The Jedi Master

I've said the same countless times, and I'd be very happy. I don't mind the study sim offerings but I hope another 3rd party team will jump aboard and make FC3 level aircraft. PFM, nice cockpit, partially clickable (or not, doesn't matter much to me). Sell them for a lower price, value varying depending on the model. The variety of modern planes would open up considerably as well. Take the Mirage 2000 for example. We would likely be able to see a -5F, or even -9. That is simply not possible with the level of detail RAZBAM is striving for. The result is an early C model, which is fairly limited. There is nothing wrong with that, but I would like to see more modern variants. Those that prefer study sim levels can buy a C, those that are okay with simplified avionics can get a -5F.

And maybe ED can release an FC3 level F/A-18C at a reduced price. Not worth it for the trainers as they're kind of simple as is, but it would be excellent for the Hornet.

As mentioned this sounds like an excellent opportunity for a 3rd party dev. There are a number of study sim developers already, ranging from semi modern F-14s to WWII. I think it would be viable if a 3rd party team released an FC3 level Su-35, F-16C, Super Hornet, Rafale or something. I think there is enough of a player base to support such a studio.