Originally Posted By: Tom_Weiss
just my 2c
and specifically about the product DCS
from a perspective of 12 years watching it develop from the early days of Lock On 1.0
it ain't so bad
maybe expectations were not well managed
implementation could be better
it is not so bad that one would delete it from the HD and run for the door
it fact, it is quite good
it is what it is : a work in progress.

back to skin making, did I mention today what a ghastly work intensive template the F-5E template is ? biggrin

Tom how long does it roughly take generally to do a skin template. I have Photoshop but haven't really looked into skinning.
Guess that I shouldn't start with the F-5E? Recommend a better skin template to start with if I ever get the time..

I do enjoy DCS still even in the current state just as much as I do BMS, for different reasons tho. Such as realistic
way of setting up training mission and that comes different from both of them too.

You can setup a missions in DCS that will play out differently or random each time you play as you know. It's not a
great deal different from BMS looking at simple things like doing a standard mission. Take off drop LGB defend etc.

I do like how you can set up custom radio recordings in DCS set on triggers, can be very immersive if done right.

The main thing that DCS needs that is coming (Two Weeks) is dedicated SEAD aircraft and better ATC and (better/closer?) weapon and damage modeling. I say closer to reality because all this plus the FMs would be ongoing forever potentially with PC evolution. I.E more CPU power more detail and closer to reality then longer wait times because of more coding? mmm frustrating...
Once the SEAD aircraft and at least the ATC are done and then with carrier operations with VR. I may be almost done with BMS perhaps? Sorry Ice..

The WW2 aircraft in DCS do set the bar for me for the "feeling of flight", better than any other sim. I do get a lot of enjoyment just doing laps around the airfield and TRYING to land.

Last edited by David_OC; 11/04/16 05:28 AM.