Originally Posted By: ST0RM
I do agree, in that I'm not happy with the progress of things, but I'm powerless to change that. So I shrug and move on and wait.

So keep shrugging and move right along, nothing for you to see here

Originally Posted By: GrayGhost
You must just love working for free smile

#oldline You earn 1 green rep square, borrow this one from Sobek?

Originally Posted By: komemiute
I think that a person that single handedly improve the textures of the WHOLE map deserves money.
I'd pay for that, see no evil in it.

You have missed the point completely, where did I state I am having a go at textures? Campaign after Campaign is the new focus as the thread states. Yet now ED are taking on user made mods and selling it as DLC. If you want to speak solely regarding textures, then ok, i'll take this challenge.

The person releasing these textures started way back long before 1.5 and 2.0. He changed the ground textures of the map to suit the 4 seasons. Nevada wasn't even in testing stages when the desert scheme he released was available. Even with new colour textures, it's still the same old boring map.

ED could employ this guy full time to design and build textures and get SoH map out faster, or any other map out rather than waste time working on textures for a near 20 year old map. What about buildings? Lots of work done with ground texture, no work on buildings.....waste of time and energy spent on the Caucus IMO

but since you only raised 1 mod with out looking at the bigger picture regarding DLC.....

Originally Posted By: Apache600
@ Winfield, Thanks for the advertisement!

More than welcome!

Now down to business....
5-6 months working on a campaign for 2 aircraft that don't fit in with the 4 gen fighters nor the ground units they will be shooting?

Mod DLC being also part of the new focus, your time would have been better spent petitioning old mate with the textures to build a Korean theatre, Because DCS Vietnam is simply not Vietnam. 5 months of adding units, you could have spent 1 of those months looking for someone in the mods section who is good with units to re-texture what is already in the encyclopedia and create Timeline specific units rather than search for voice overs.

A rather pointless campaign, yet being a study sim, i'm sure some user is looking forward to seeing how their sabre goes against a few T-90's or T-72's, then make 20 threads about "if" it would happen in real life whilst posting 30 or so youtube video's. That or wonder how it handles a few IR missiles etc it is a study sim after all (feel free to add to this paragraph in your reply) So until the airframe fits the theatre and units no i won't be buying your campaign. Don't stress though, a few others will no doubt, even if it is shelved like the hawk and 101, argument campaign etc etc

A campaign is played once then put on the back burner.....Build a dynamic campaign and maybe, just maybe you will have my attention.

It seems ED are more than happy to endorse into their study sim user made mods which most (or all) came about because ED were too slow to develop and release their EDGE engine. Many requests have been made for new units to be added to the enclopedia yet have fallen on deaf ears for years.....and now it looks set in stone consumers will now need to pay for these. Just another feeble excuse to make money when it is the developers responsibility to listen to the consumers and read the forum requests. So in a campaign scenario (in the not to distant future), a user makes a campaign with the Sabre or 15, adds in units that are timeline based which will be DLC, consumers will then need to purchase both the campaign, and the unit mods to play the campaign?? this is where it is heading.

There are only so many times I can play a campaign set in caucus regardless of airframe, the same radio channels, the same routes, the same mountains, it becomes more than obvious where the enemy units will be placed.