Originally Posted By: - Ice

You are indeed correct. There is no competition. You just have it the other way around. Once you have 100+ hours in DCS Module A and another 100+ hours in DCS Module B and another 100+ hours in DCS Module C, you might start to wonder how come some people have 1,000+ hours in just one other simulation.

No, I will never understand that. Ever. I don't have 1000 hours in any game of any genre, will never happen. I will be bored with it long before then. I think 500 hrs is my high mark in anything, after that I just have no interest in revisiting it. It could be a function of my memory. I remember things extremely well to the extent that a TV show I saw 10 years ago is still so fresh in my mind I can remember most of the show when I rewatch it.

In fact, at the current development pace I think it's quite likely that by the time DCS World is what I want it to be, I will be tired of flying it and leave it to gather dust. Maybe if I'd waited 5 years to start I'd be in a better spot, but I just tire of them after a few hundred hours and that's why I can't bring myself to even try BMS.

To return to the car analogy, it's like that sports car you had in college that you really loved, sold when you graduated, but would never consider buying again because a sports car no longer fits your needs. Like streak, my ideal DCS World is a larger, supported version of SF2...with the better multiplayer, graphics, and advanced modeling (in some planes, but not all) to make it a more well-rounded product than SF2's limited focus. I don't need more study planes, frankly I don't have enough time in any bird but the Ka-50 to call myself well-acquainted with them, I need FC3 planes with just a little more care.

I'm getting the Hornet because I want the Hornet, not another A-10C-level plane, but I will fly it like it's a FC3 plane. I will never learn more than the basics I need to fly and fight. I've had the MiG-21 since release and still have barely managed to learn enough to fight a single underarmed fighter or a transport.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter