After reading almost all pages as my before sleep reading time, I decided to post and give my somewhat 2 cents, or 3...

I have been playing Falcon BMS in March to April, and now EF2000 Reloaded, and even after playing DCS:World for a while I never got the feeling I get on Falcon and DiD EF2000 in its single player campaign. Sure I get it on the multiplayer in DCS, but I'm more of a single player myself. Although in multiplayer I have yet to find one that matches the old Il-2 series and the Novalogic F-16/MiG-29/F-22 series.

I wish DCS would take a page of Novalogic in the late 90's and early noughties(lol), and allow us a multiplayer like it, and especially allow us to choose which plane we want without several constraints placed by the mission maker. Yes, this comes after a few frustrations trying to fly the only NATO fast plane, the F-15c, with its slots being all full.

I miss that open ended of territorial conquest, after having only a restart when all objectives have been completed.

Time for me to go back to DiD EF2000, I'm itching to feel that "alive" campaign feel again. Even if the graphics look outdated, it is still great! I just had a dogfight with 4 Su-35's and I lost my wingman, but I managed to kill all 4 of them before more Russians arrived. In one such case, it seems either the missile took its time, or took a longer turn, or something else happened, but as soon as I was turning to use guns on the Su-35, it hit the plane... Seeing that blast and then the plume of smoke, while the Russian reinforcement started to lock on me was a sensation I never felt in DCS. I decided to check my stores and seeing I only had one missile left, I decided run for my life using the mountains of Sweden as cover. To finish it, I landed safely! --ish... Without rudder is a bit hard! Hahaha (I got it mapped on the other throttle lever on my Warthog, but it is still difficult to use and I instinctively use my feet)