Originally Posted By: Troll

That's it, ricnunes, get it all off your chest biggrin

Would it surprise you if I told you I think you have it all backwards..? That I think it's you who doesn't understand me.

First of all, I haven't seen you participate in this discussion lately, so let me make a summary of my stance.

I do agree DCS is late.
I don't agree with the way ED does business.
I have the exact same software as everybody else. I.e. unfinished.
I'm also waiting for fixes to modules I have bought and paid for.

I haven't participated in the discussion lately by typing posts but I can assure you that I've been following it.
The reasons why I haven't posted is because others (namely Ice and Paradaz but not only) have basically posted what I also feel and think about the subject so there was no need (IMO) to "duplicate" posts or points of view.
And since I've been following this discussion (albeit not posting lately) I never read any post of yours where you agree that "DCS is late", "don't agree with the way ED does business" and so on but I also admit that I may have missed the post where you explicitly said that.

Anyway, I'm glad that we are on the same page regarding this:
I do agree DCS is late.
I don't agree with the way ED does business.
I have the exact same software as everybody else. I.e. unfinished.
I'm also waiting for fixes to modules I have bought and paid for.

Originally Posted By: Troll

However, this does not frustrate me the least. I knew I took a chance when I supported the WWII Kickstarter. Every time I buy early access modules I am aware that the development will take time and that the company (ED or 3rd party) can go broke before the module is finished.
Still, I do think I get my moneys worth. I do...

Then I see people who seem so frustrated with all this, that they even make up reasons to complain at ED. Like "Oh NO, they are making campaigns, while I think they should fix my problems instead". They are producing even more content, and this is bad? Personally I think campaigns are great. Even if it the production of them delays 2.5. I mean, how much delay can the development of campaigns actually cause? I have tried to show that the extra delay may not be significant. It certainly doesn't prove ED are idiots/incompetent/in league with the illuminati. wink

The only reason why I'm not frustrated with ED/DCS is because I haven't buy any of those recent DCS modules. Actually the DCS modules that I have are: DCS BS2, DCS A-10C, DCS FC3, DCS Huey and DCS Combined Arms or basically the only ones that can be considered minimally "complete" (with this I mean, they aren't in an Alpha/Beta state).
If I have had bought any other DCS modules you can bet that I would be really, really frustrated. For example a few years ago I was just about to purchase DCS Mi-8 and I'M GLAD that I didn't buy it and this serves for any other DCS module released in the meanwhile!

Speaking of DCS WWII, I'm also glad that I didn't "invest" on their Kickstarter! I had a "gut feeling" on this one and I'm glad I followed it and again I have the same "gut feeling" about all other remaining modules.
Anyway, if I had invested in DCS WWII I can guarantee you that I wouldn't be "frustrated" by doing it so, I would be PISSED and yes I would have HATE ED with a PASSION!
You know for me a WWII simulator means one thing above all: Minimal historical accuracy/realism and again there's absolutely nothing about historical accuracy/realism with DCS WWII! Bf-109K and FW-190D over Normandy, really??
What's next?? Me-262 over Dunkirk??
No proper unit set such as WII Tanks, Ships, other planes, etc... And I could again, go on and on and on...

For example and regarding DCS WWII I even proposed that ED should model the Bulge/Ardennes map instead of Normandy which means that the entire and currently planed and in development plane set of flyable DCS WWII aircraft could be used with historical accuracy (or in a historically accurate map). The end result was that I was attacked by some fan(actics). This is an another example of a complete lack of focus and above all a complete inability to learn from mistakes a readapt from them and how complacent the ED/DCS fan(actic) are with this wrong policy/strategy from ED. This leaves me to believe that the future of ED/DCS will be very grin if existent at all!

In the end I believe that if we all as customers were critical to ED than this would leave no other choice for ED than to really start to get their act together, learn from their mistakes and above all, finally FOCUS on what's really important! This I believe could only to good for all of us which enjoy playing combat flight simulations!

If people keep giving blank checks to ED (which is what really happens when people buy those DCS modules that many never be finished) than what will really happen is that ED will eventually die from a very slow death since there's no way that this current ED "strategy" will bring "new blood" (new players) to the game and even most of current ED supporters will eventually leave the game (nobody is able to wait forever) which means that only a few fan(actics) will remain which will obviously result in ED's demise!

Feel free to agree or disagree with this assessment of mine. For me it's the same really (despite and I admit, I would prefer to have a much better DCS in the future).