Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Not if it means having to create patches, game updates and moves resources away from all the UNFINISHED content that some of us have already paid for.

There isn't a problem with people creating content/campaigns for DCS World at all, however and as the thread subject suggests its a concern if ED move their focus away from the continued development of the world in general to focusing on the creation and/or suppport of campaigns simply because its a quick profit.

I think this is 4 campaigns in 3 months now......what news or progress have we seen for DCSWorld (not 3rd party modules) in the same timeframe other than 'progress continues'? We still haven't even got working missions in v2.0 yet but ED are happy to feed us payware campaigns that will only ever function in one of their current branches........until the point they need to put additional resources into making all these new campaigns compatible with 2.5.

So I'm pretty confused here....

ED has one module in Beta status (Bf109K-4) and Belsimtek, which is the only 3rd party to release multiple modules, has 1/4 modules in Beta (the Mi-8 and it certainly doesn't seem to be a Beta - its awesome).

Also, there are 2 brand new campaigns for NTTR and a total of 4 campaigns for the Caucasus (1 was released before NTTR, 2 user created campaigns, and the last is for the Ka-50).

So what is all the "unfinished work" that has been paid for?

Are you recommending that ED halt the work or release of every 3rd party till all the existing 3rd party modules are out of Beta (like VEAO and Aviodev)?

Are you saying that others who create content cannot release anything till everything else is done? We shouldn't get to try anything new till DCS 2.5 is out? Polychop shouldn't release the Gazelle until 2.5 since there could be a problem that requires a patch?

Is it terrible that content is released for our entertainment while we wait for DCS2.5, etc. What about the fact that many of the new features we want are already part of 1.5 and 2.0. I think it would have sucked if ED held off releasing DCS2 with NTTR and the new NTTR campaigns just so they could release 2.5 as the first look at new maps and new content. Why wait so long?

All of this sounds remarkably nuts, is this what you are recommending?

Please fill me in...

-Nick