Once Snoopy's ban was lifted he gave Yo-Yo some great documentation about the hydraulic's found here Ice.

The ITT thing… Yo-Yo had documentation and shared it with us when I was talking with another about engine cell data performance, He said it was not a quick fix as there is 100's of data points need to be moved and could mess up other areas of the performance range doing it (More complaining), so he just needs a bit more data, different to what he had mapped with the performance information (100 engine test chart) he had been given by General Electric to justify a change, and yes the discussion went bad for everyone there. Flight simmers are a passionate bunch. Yes it could have been handled better on both sides and that is only my opinion about this Ice.

Their forum is run like it is, so it doesn't go out of control, we don't have to agree with it Ice, I know I wouldn't want to clean a product forum up, especially a passionate flight simming one! Be there all day everyday cleaning house. This would not help with development at all. So the rules are set, You only need to be a little bit professional when on their forum and you wont run into any problems. I see a lot of kids kick and screaming if they don't get attention and there way over there.

Why do you keep talking about evidence? Somethings evidence is needed (Yes the ITT is out by the manual (evidence)"Answer" What should I change it to tho? This is the "detailed" Information I have to go off), sometimes just perception or how someone feels about something. I see your way and do understand why you perceive it the way you do. I just see what I have with ED's products and feel it outweighs the negative. Yes even with the faults for a while, there not show stoppers anyway.

Originally Posted By: David_OC
Not once have I seen any real evidence (Links) from you, we are mostly only debating company tactics here anyway. It's only how you wish to perceive things and that's cool Ice.

See the line about "tactics" so you are questioning ED's business tactics. You think it was a bad call worrying about DX11 and should have cleaned up all the other big/small problems instead. The problems too are perceived differently by many people too. To me most are small because how I play and use DCS perhaps. The ITT being out can be a real pain for some and I get that too, because that's how they use DCS.

What I see is some of the underlying problems that need fixing are on the back burner until the core is more stable and the direction or how things will be with the core are a little more set in stone and moving forward.

DX9 to DX11 is a huge leap to make for a company like ED.

ED will get back to fixing all the other problems, perhaps they want to put the time in and redo a lot of it to make it way better and not just spend time trying to tinker with the old code to get it somewhat right. They seem to be perfectionist, perhaps too much sometimes and this slows things down.

I just look at the bigger picture here and the direction they have chosen to go.

Ice, I do also enjoy BMS Very much and think BMS (SuperPak - Open Falcon etc) have done amazing things with F4 and it's how F4 would have been "envisioned" back in the mid 90's when the coding started. BMS has helped it fully mature and realize the fully potential of the original F4 code.

The main draw card is that F4 has an all-round fighter that can do ground and air very well and that great feeling that you are a part of a larger battle. It was an amazing idea to build a separate chess board that can play itself with or without you playing. DCS has only real 3D battles in real time like steel beasts; DCS is good enough to be on the ground in a tank too. This limits the playable area size and unit numbers tho for DCS and has no pretend chess playing war bubble to hide the large battles. The military would need and want to create very specific training and scripting suits that. It is cool to hook up real ATC recorded chatter to different stations in the A10, I do this all the time, even real firefights sounds off YouTube, so you feel you need to help out big time.

I still build missions in DCS like a standard mission in F4 that has random spawn intercept paths and events. You just don't get the, “I made a difference to the big war picture”

The new campaign A-10C Operation Piercing Fury by Ranger79 is very well done, and makes you feel what it would be like to fly in a real war zone. Ranger79 is an OEF/OIF Veteran, the missions are done well and very immersive with proper voice overs etc. Way different to F4 and that's what I mean by not comparing them together.

Can the AMRAAM be better or more accurate? Sure and ED will make it better, but someone will always complain it's not quite right forever, if the sun reflected off my chaff at that angle it would of missed IRL because the autonomous computer would have miss calculated the shot. It is what it is and the argument will go on forever with most things that are simulating real life.

BMP accuracy? Wasn't it better now? More random. Anyway this may come under redoing parts of the overall AI plan perhaps? And not wasting time trying to fudge it better, same with the ATC and ground AI. Just some speculation here tho.

I’m a F4 fanboi too, I had falcon 3.0 on the amiga. I like all the sims I own in different ways and I do own a few. PMDG 737, majestic q400, A2A Comanche, BMS and all the DCS modules, this just reminded me, I need to pre order the spitfire.

ED made the massive big call and has paid the price no denying this; it's caused very big delays and massive setbacks with module updates and major fixes. I feel we were lucky to get Nevada and a taste of what is to come with the maturing of EDGE.

So I agree with the direction ED went, but I too get frustrated with the waiting and the updates for modules. I do think when things settle down and more stable with 2.5 this will all get better. Never perfect because there is no such thing and someone will always think or believe something isn’t quite right in any simulated world.

I look at ED and the 3rd party’s high fidelity SimArt, at the same level as PMDG. Not many developers are anywhere near this level with aircraft. ED just needs to get their New World stable and have edge mature over the next few years.

Some of my evidence is just how fn cool it is to fire up say the Gazelle and speed around low level and fly under bridges. I am really enjoying this little chopper, would love to get proper cyclic controls, would settle for mfg crosswinds. Perhaps that will be next on the sim shopping list soon.

Just understand what ED does in the programming world is cRazy nutbagism complex. ED potentially can never stop making these FM's, systems, weapons, ballistic penetration etc better and closer to reality when new information is available.