Originally Posted By: - Ice
Originally Posted By: bkthunder
I'm saying that all of these great modules are just add ons to a game from years ago, and that core code has not evolved. Pretty much the same can be said for BMS.

<snip!>

So I'd say they have been equally slow in development.

It is not fair to compare DCS with BMS. One is being developed by its own set of programmers/coders with access to the source code and can change and modify as they see fit. Another is being developed by programmers/coders who do so in their spare time, with no pay, and working with a 14+ year old code and some things cannot change due to being hard-coded in the source. Therefore, changing "graphics" in one sim isn't the same as changing the "graphics" in the other sim, nor is the time and focus available equally to both parties.

Ice, you took these sentences out of context. Basically I agree with you.

The bottom line of my post was/is: ED has access to the code and can modify it at will, but they haven't done anything remarkable with it, basically only eye candy and modules on the same old code.
BMS have done a tremendous job on something they can't modify. Luckily, that base code was visionary, and it's still the best war simulator.
So ED are lazy/lacking skills.