ED chose to rebuild from almost scratch and do the monumental task to move to DX11. Yes their choice and i believe it was the right one. Massive task!

So the modules and some fixes would be on some what of a hold here and there with the dynamic rebuilding and changing of the DCS new source code until some what lock down to a release state. I could only imagine the task at hand here.

This is mostly new sim tech and not old code, so ED will need quite a bit of time (Years) just like BMS to do the polishing up here on the new code. To me, I see it as common sense really and cannot wait till it's some what together. Not perfect of course, plus what is perfect anyway in a sim world?

So they will hold off on the weapons and ballistics updates and concentrate on having a stable 2.5 public release. Once this is to a good decent level, focus will perhaps return to weapons, ballistics and ATC.

Ice, ED could build a bigger team perhaps and make more modules themselves. I don't think they will ever not do modules, as it's a good buffer for the team perhaps anyway? But like you say Ice it would be better to keep ED focus and not get distracted and get this NEW world code with ATC, AI and better ballistics done and that alone will be a huge task. So don't try and juggle now and build bigger teams to manage and make 100% profit, well not yet anyway!

Ice, The Tomcat was probably a resources thing? F18, 2.5 etc. Good move other wise we might have seen the F14 in 2020.
Why doesn't Apple make all the content in iTunes and take 100% of the profit and not 30%?

Take the 30% and don't worry about any more management and infrastructure and focus on the work that ED should do and build the best combat fight simulation possible. I could also say here they are all unique and different artists and that's the reason Apple could never make their own content, I think this goes for ED and third parties too. It's simart to me.

Side note: ED, yo-yo is already working now on new ww2 penetration ballistics. Guess it will go well with the Normandy map.