That's the problem isn't it?

There are no alternative to anything. Want a modern jet sim? Historical jet sim? WWII sim? Ground units? Apparently the answer to every single question is DCS World. Yet we have 3rd parties who all treat DCS World as their side job (whether that's because they all DO have another job or because they make FSX/P3D planes as their main one), and a main developer who has a development schedule that frankly looks more complicated than Boeing's.

I don't know how many people work at ED, but if it's less than 250 I can understand why it's taken us this many years to get this far when they're working on:
EDGE
Integrating 3rd party campaigns
Integrating 3rd party maps
Integrating 3rd party planes
Hornet
Hormuz
A list of unreleased WWII planes so long I don't even remember what's on it
A long list of already released planes (WWII and otherwise) that still need fixes and/or updates to bring them up to the standard of the latest releases
A long list of non-airplane specific fixes (like AAMs) that still need to be completed

There definitely is a lot of balls in the air and people seem unwilling to give ED the latitude to wait on one thing while they do another.
"Where's Hormuz?"
"Where's the Hornet?"
"Where's Normandy?"
"Where's the Spitfire?"
"Where's the fix for XYZ?"

A narrowing of focus would've been a great help...several years ago. There's no putting the cork back in this bottle now.

Despite the fact that there ARE other WWII sims out there (complaints about insufficient complexity notwithstanding), there are NO other fast jet sims out there, period. BMS doesn't count--it's not from the 21st century. There are no other helo sims, period. FSX/P3D doesn't count, you can't engage in combat.
So, SURPRISE SURPRISE! the fast jet and helo people are impatient with the WWII stuff diluting efforts even by a fraction. It STAGGERS the imagination, doesn't it?

What good is broadening the customer base by simply increasing the number of dissatisfied customers? Instead of Y customers having their products mostly complete, we have 2Y customers with their products mostly needing updates or not even existing yet.

The Jedi Master

The anteater is wearing the bagel because he's a reindeer princess. -- my 4 yr old daughter