Does paying for a texture DLC mean we're headed in a new file structure direction? It's not hard to change ground textures and once they're in the public domain it's not that hard to distribute them to whoever wants them for free. I'm not advocating piracy but I can't see anyway of stopping it with the current file structure.
I'm all for folk selling their stuff and I've been following starways mods. I do hope ED gives that guy the SDK as he has shown an I interest in the Vietnam theatre which I have been wanting for a very long time. A change of textures for the old map seems kind of a waste of money right now with the advancement in terrain technology brought with EDGE. I don't see any incentive for folk to purchase a texture for the old map when sooner or later one will be able to download them for free.

DCS Kickstarter
Wags July 2014 "In this July 2014 update, the primary news is in regards to the restructured backer rewards. After a careful review of the older system under RRG, we found it financially unattainable."
Wags October 2017 "the investment vs. generated revenue has been excellent for the World War II aircraft. In fact, the P-51D Mustang has twice the cost effectiveness of the A-10C Warthog."