Originally Posted By: David_OC
Maybe a little bit of both scripted/dynamic to make it easier for mission builders would be good.

Originally Posted By: - Ice
ED is already doing this (dammit, are you even reading my posts? or just trying to find what bits you can nitpick?), but if this was the correct or better way, why is there an overwhelming cry for a DC? Because scripted misisons are repetitive and missions done by the mission generator fail to "generate" the same immersion as a DC engine could.

I will post this here again Ice as you are not following

Kevin Klemmick – F4 Lead Software Engineer

Many recent simulators are released without even trying to code a Dynamic Campaign engine. Why do you think today’s sim developers are so scared of what you guys were able to create more than a decade ago?

Well, it’s just really hard to do. Looking back on it, I think the only reason we took on what we did is because we were too inexperienced to know better. Knowing what I do now, even given my experience on Falcon, the cost to develop such an engine would be substantial. Since flight sims don’t bring in that kind of revenue companies look at it from a cost to benefit standpoint and Dynamic Campaigns score pretty low in that regard. There is also the argument that scripted missions are more interesting which has some merit. I think if I were to do it over I would do a mix of scripted/generated missions, so that the player still feels like they’re involved in the world, but there is also some variety thrown in to keep things interesting.