Originally Posted By: Remon
Originally Posted By: mrskortch
Originally Posted By: Remon
Yes, BMS has done the truly hard work, like the Dynamic Campaign...

BMS didn't create the dynamic campaign. Kevin Klemmick and the Microprose team that developed Falcon 4 made the DC. Now thats not to downplay anything the Benchmark Sims team did to it, I honestly have no idea how the DC has evolved over the years, but I think its disingenuous to attribute it solely to the BMS team. Even if most know what you are talking about, theres still plenty of new players around who don't know the history behind Falcon 4 and its iterations.

Don't worry, I knew that, it was sarcasm.

Originally Posted By: bkthunder
Lol, Remon, if you spent a nanosecond reading (and understanding) my post, you would see that I never said that BMS developed the DC engine, on the contrary, this was done by Microprose.

What BMS did is a pretty long list of amazing things, within a code that they don't own and is inaccessible in some parts.
What ED did is an equally long list of things, which unfortunately for me and you, doesn't include fundamental stuff such as:

- AI
- Efficient rendering of objects on a large scale scenario
- Dynamic Campaign

Those are all things that, given ED is the owner of the code, should be within reach if they had the plans/motivation/skills to do it.

Really it is sad that the commercial (paid-for) work of a company whose main business are flight simulators, can be compared (and in many aspects pales) to the achievements of a group of spare time modders that work for free on a 18 years old code they don't own...

But hey, "everything is subject to change" no? Let's stay optimistic :P

And you, of course, proceed to list stuff that neither the BMS group has coded.

Again, please read before you write...
As I have said, BMS didn't code the DC, AI, ATC etc (although they modify and improved a lot). As I wrote before (reading would again be beneficial when quoting someone...), BMS didn't have to code these things because Microprose did it.

So BMS didn't code the DC etc. Why? No access to the original code / already coded by Microprose = No need to code it.

ED didn't code the DC etc. Why? They have access to the original code (they own it), so why is it that almost 20 years later they still haven't developed things that Falcon 4.0 had in 1998? Maybe you can answer?