Originally Posted By: Paradaz
Sobek, you're on a completely different planet.....nowhere have I mentioned DX11 and making Georgia compatible with Edge but I assume you're obviously referring to the old engine and the work that needs going to incorporate this into 2.5.

Sorry, it's not easy to keep track of what it is you're actually ranting about, given that it changes with every odd post.

It seems that you're making some sort of assumption that the way ED have gone about this with the dead-end 1.5, the isolated 2.x and the subsequent all-dancing 2.5 is the only possible way to do it. If that is the case, then it really isn't discussing any further because you're obviously seeing things the way ED do which tells its own story.

That is absolutely not what i'm saying.

I do wonder however what you would have done. For all the namecalling you do, you offer no alternatives AT ALL. It's all so easy pointing fingers. The situation is not ideal, no questions asked. But what would YOU have done?

Bad planning put them in this position and that's not even up for discussion.

Is it not?

You're telling me you've never had a project run over projected time or budget? What business are you in? Making teaching software for first graders?

It doesn't really matter, because unless you work for Microsoft or Google, chances are high that your project is nowhere near the complexity level of DCS.

Originally Posted By: Sobek
Wags isn't a software developer and he does make mistakes with regards to terminology. The difference is, he doesn't call other people idiots based on his errors and he doesn't claim to know everything.

If you care to venture into the ED forums you'll see all sorts of statements and updates from various representatives of ED and not just Wags using the same merge/merger terminology. Perhaps you can go and educate their entire team about the appropriate terminology if you think it's sending out the wrong message.

Point taken, they should be more precise with their terminology.